ABOUT JOSE CACHO
Jose Cacho is a Mexican mixed media artist whose work travels around the issues related to human nature. In particular, women as the source of life, knowledge and harmony. Women as the factor of balance in society and as a perpetual transmitter of wisdom and love. His work is not limited to a single category. The multidisciplinary Jose Cacho creates paintings, mixed media art and even sculptures. But his work always stays true to his unique style and message. Jose creates his art in his studio in Mexico city, has been featured in many exhibitions and galleries around the world and won multiple awards for his work.
JOSE CACHO’S ART
Jose finds inspiration in many places. Most of the references in his work come from images found in newspapers, fashion magazines and advertisements. He transforms them into his personal vision. The women Jose depicts stand in reflective positions, observing peacefully and challenging the viewer to enter the work. Only when you do so you can experience the symbolism of the textures, colours, transparencies, brightness and the images yourself.
In many of Jose’s paintings you will find personal texts. They are brought to the surface to create a rich visual texture and an intricate mixture of expressions. This invites the viewers to come closer and deliver the effort of reading the complex texts. By doing so the viewer is forced to experience the creation from a deeper perspective. This is Jose’s way of making sure the complexity of human nature, the constant challenge of understanding ourselves and those around us, does not go unnoticed. But the meaning of the texts Jose Cacho uses in his work goes even deeper than the words themselves. They are integrated into the images and the levels beneath as symbolism for the many layers of human nature composed of matter and energy.
The complexity of Jose’s work doesn’t stop there. It continues in his use of materials, mediums, techniques and the immense detail and effort that goes into his creations. His art consists of inks, paints, acrylic media, charcoal, pastels, collage and alcohol emulsion, sometimes even combined with thousands of tiny mosaics, inspired by the Gustav Klimt technique. Jose chooses his mediums so they highlight a certain mood or scene. The mosaics represent the complexity and integration of the thought and feeling that permanently approaches us. He contrasts this complexity with passive areas that allude to moments of reflection and tranquillity needed to achieve balance in everyday life.
WHY A “CACHO” MIGHT BE RIGHT CHOICE FOR YOU
Collecting the works of Jose Cacho is not for the faint hearted collector. His work is stunning, yet complex and full of meaning and symbolism about human nature, creating an almost religious sentiment. If you don’t take the time to enter the work as Jose has meant it you will miss out on so much beauty. You will not experience his art to the fullest. But his creations are a must have if you dare to venture into them.
Jose Cacho’s art will look stunning anywhere you place it. Their complexities and outspoken and bright colours will not go unnoticed. Especially when you place your new “Cacho” in a neutral area, preferably with a white background to bring out the colour.
- A Portrait of the Soul | La Casita Gallery | CDMX, Mexico | Solo Exhibition
- Jose Cacho | Samuel Menache Gallery | CDMX, Mexico | Solo Exhibition
- We Are Three | Samuel Menache Gallery | CDMX, Mexico | Group Exhibition
- I Biennial of Contemporary Art | Florence, Italy | Group Exhibition
- Mexican Artists in Florence | Chamber of Deputies | CDMX, Mexico | Group Exhibition
- Mexican Art Presence | Sofia, Bulgaria | Group Exhibition
- International Contemporary Art Showcase | Florence, Italy | Winner of the Special Jury Price
- Jose Cacho | Casa de Bolsa Inverlat Gallery | CDMX, Mexico | Solo Exhibition
- Mexican Art Showcase | Barcelona, Spain | Group Exhibition
- Jose Cacho | Monserrat Gallery | New York, N.Y. | Solo Exhibition
- Mythical Reconstruction | Club Asturiano of México | CDMX, Mexico | Solo Exhibition
- Auction "Saber para Crecer Foundation" | CDMX, Mexico | Group Exhibition
- Verbum - Duo | Studio Lofft | CDMX, Mexico | Two Artists
- Auction Aid for Aids | Oscar Roman Gallery | CDMX. Mexico | Group Exhibition
- Paralelas Once | Oscar Roman Gallery | CDMX, Mexico | Group Exhibition
- Cacho&Cacho | Senate of Mexico | CDMX. Mexico | Two Artists
- Addendo | OFCA Cultural Center | CDMX, Mexico | Group Exhibition
- Viandante | Chabacano Subway | CDMX, Mexico | Group Exhibition
- Viandante | Tacubaya Subway | CDMX, Mexico | Group Exhibition
- Auction Oscar Roman Gallery | CDMX, Mexico | Group Exhibition
- Rebirth | Galeria Juarez 2525 | Torreon, Coahuila, Mexico | Group Exhibition
- Paris Art Fair | Paris, France | Group Exhibition
- Up&Coming | CDMX, Mexico | Collective
- Alchemy and Form | El Reloj Gallery | CDMX, Mexico | Group Exhibition
- Collective Art Show – Van Gogh Art Gallery | Madrid, España | Group Exhibition
- Caminarte Tetetlan | CDMX, Mexico | Group Exhibition
- Zapata the Disruptor – Rubicó | Paris, France | Group Exhibition
- Zapata the Disruptor – Rubicó | CDMX, Mexico | Group Exhibition
- Miami Art Week – Zapata the Disruptor - Rubicó | Miami, Fl, USA | Group Exhibition
- BADAMX | CDMX, Mexico | Group Exhibition